Why Fish Kenosha, WI?
- It’s the Trout and Salmon Capital of Wisconsin.
- Great rates (Compare!)
- US Coast Guard Licensed & Insured captains.
- Perfect location. Easy to reach by car, train or plane!
- Excellent restaurants and overnight accommodations.
- Highest CATCH-PER-HOUR Rate in Wisconsin!
- The Kenosha Fishery has a nearly 60-year history and remains as vital as it was since the 1960’s.
- There is a strong bond with the Wisconsin DNR.
- A Respect for the fishery means a high-quality fishing experience for one and all.
- Our high competent boat captains know their fishing
Here in Kenosha, we have wonderful lakeside amenities. Great lodging at the Wyndham hotel. Great food and drink within walking distance of the harbor. After your trip, have an ice cold beer and a shore lunch with your fish. Served incredibly fresh for lunch or dinner.
Kenosha is located on the western side of Lake Michigan near the Illinois / Wisconsin border. Originally known as Pike Creek, the city’s name was changed to Southport to reflect the importance of early maritime commerce on Lake Michigan. In 1850, the city was incorporated and renamed Kenosha, which is based on a Potawatomi Indian word “kenozio” for Northern Pike.
When you get back from your day on the water, you might enjoy a walk. The Sculpture Walk runs along the harbor and features a dozen inspiring works of art for all to enjoy. The Kenosha Community Foundation Arts Fund coordinates the Sculpture Walk at HarborPark. The sculptures are fully funded through private donations. The 2017-19 exhibit was installed September 2017.
This is the fourth installation of sculptures since the biennial outdoor art exhibit was launched in September 2011. Every two years, the current sculptures are removed and the new sculptures are installed. A majority of the exhibit is along the HarborPark promenade, but also includes one near North Pier Lighthouse (5001 Fourth Ave.), one outside of the Kenosha Area Convention and Visitors’ Bureau (812 56th St.), and one at Civic Center Park (5600 Sheridan Road).